An Aprilaire Whole-House Dehumidifier works equally well in new or existing homes, and is truly the complete solution for your home’s excess indoor humidity problems.
All homes need humidity control. Wisconsin Fuel and Heating has a solution for every size home. From a compact 65-pint unit - perfect for town homes, condominiums and homes with a closet HVAC system - all the way up to a 135-pint unit for homes that are 4,000 square feet or more. Wisconsin Fuel's Heating and Cooling division can provide every homeowner the whole-home protection and performance of central dehumidification.
Air conditioning alone can't satisfy your home's humidity requirements. Your air conditioning system is designed to control temperature, not humidity, and only removes humidity as a byproduct of cooling. During the spring and fall seasons when it’s still cool outside but damp inside, your air conditioning isn't running and your house is uncomfortable — you need an Aprilaire Whole-Home Dehumidifier.
Call us today at (262) 654-0241 so you can start breathing better tomorrow!
Takes Care of your Whole House!
Aprilaire Whole-House Dehumidifiers work throughout your entire home. They remove up to 50% more water per kilowatt hour than leading portable dehumidifiers. The Models 1750A and 1770A also features truly automatic control, so there's never a need to manually control the dehumidifier - just set it once and forget it!
The Best Choice for healthy, comfortable air is an Aprilaire Whole-House Dehumidifier installed in your new or existing heating and cooling system. The benefits and results speak for themselves:
- Provides three times the moisture removing capacity of leading portable dehumidifiers—up to 135 pints or 16.88 gallons per day.
- No messy tanks to empty and clean—ever.
- Automatically senses moisture levels and maintains optimum humidity levels in your home, never too much, or too little and running only when needed.
- Switches automatically between whole-house dehumidification when central air-conditioning system is running, and localized dehumidification when your air-conditioning isn't running.
- Convertible from whole-home to localized application lets you solve excess moisture issues where you need it most from crawl spaces to attics and basements.
- Can be operated manually, allowing you to monitor and control moisture levels in a specific location—such as your basement or master bedroom (optional Living Space Control is required).
“Exposure to mold and dampness in homes as much as doubles the risk of asthma development in children. Anyone with young children in the home should be aware of the potentially harmful effects of long-term exposure to mold and this potential link to asthma in children.”
Other Indoor Air Quality Solutions
Study after study shows that as homes become tighter and more energy efficient, more contaminants become trapped inside. The air we breathe in our homes is loaded with pollutants like pollen, lung damaging dust, pet hair, dander, dust mites, tobacco smoke, spores, disease-causing bacteria and viruses.
Air Cleaner Options
According to medical experts, many viruses thrive in low humidity - increasing the likelihood of catching colds, flu and upper respiratory ailments. The American Society of Otolaryngology even reports that it is important to prevent an overly dry environment because it makes people more susceptible to infection.
Thermostats have come a long way since the days of the old mercury bulb thermostats. Thermostats today are digital and provide the homeowner with more information. Communicating controls even "talk" to your equipment and will notify you of any problems with your heating or cooling system.
Temperature Control Options
Fresh Air Ventilation ERV
Today’s homes eliminate nearly all wasteful air leaks, helping to control energy costs. Because homes are air tight, pollutants are trapped indoors. The health hazards from indoor air pollutants are broadly recognized as one of today’s top environmental hazards.
Energy Recovery Ventilator Options