Federal Tax Credits for installing high-efficiency heating and cooling equipment expired at the end of 2017. However, the 2017 tax credit became law and made retroactive with the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 signed in February of 2018 – so check here to see if the tax credits have been renewed for 2018 or after. There is still a lifetime limit of $500 for this credit, meaning if a homeowner has previously claimed the credit (up to $500), they will be ineligible to claim it again.
Focus on Energy Rewards
Incentives effective January 1, 2020. See focusonenergy.com for any current changes.
- $125 Reward for 95% AFUE Multi-Stage Furnace with ECM Blower Motor.
- $250 Reward for 95% AFUE Multi-Stage Furnace with ECM Blower Motor installed with a qualified smart thermostat.
- $300 Reward for 16+ SEER and 8.4 HSPF Heat Pump installed on a propane, oil or electric furnace (90%+ w/ECM).
- $425 Reward for 16+ SEER amd 8.4 HSPF Heat Pump installed on a propane, oil or electric furnace installed with a qualified smart thermostat.
- $400 Reward for a 95%+ AFUE Modulating Natural Gas Boiler with outdoor reset control.
- $100 Reward for an Indirect Water Heater installed at the same time as qualified boiler.
- $100 Reward for ECM Blower Motor replacing a PSC Motor.
- $75 Qualified Smart Thermostat stand-alone. For use with natural gas furnace, natural gas boiler, and air source heat pump only.